- Rittenhouse Review
- Korea Life
- Work at Home News
- Second String Swap
- Investment Banking Monkey
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- TRR Blog
- Bloombox Reviews
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry
- ► 2004 (446)
07/06 - 07/13
- Secularism Now! (or much later if you prefer, we...
- José Bové©® update: Chiraq caves Dernières nou...
- Some national cultures are more important than o...
- Antisemitism in France: no bout adoubt it Anti-...
- Freedom to collect welfare and shut your mouth ...
- The French State says thank you for a well execu...
- France is in over its head La France n'a plus p...
- Try putting this jinni back in its bottle Essay...
- Temporel Existentialism in the French blogospher...
- Notice who is turning their back Regardez bien ...
- Uncultured Zeropeans saved by the Texas Cowboys ...
- Why not? France is already populated by a bunch ...
- When I hear the word culture I reach for my Chia...
- Not too many bright sparks among the union membe...
- French foreign policy functions like a broken co...
- They're no problem really. Just put out a cat li...
- ▼ 07/06 - 07/13 (16)
Friday, July 11, 2003
6:21 PM | Posted by Liminal
|Some national cultures are more important than others||Il y a des patrimoines culturels nationaux qui sont plus importants que d'autres|
|It's once again kkkulture time. The powers that be have in France have so much confidence in their 'culture' that they had some special clauses slipped into the European Constitution in order to 'protect' their precious French cultural heritage which, as everybody knows, is worth much more than the cultural heritages of its European neighbors. Look for more taxpayer money being on spent on films that no one wants to see, music that no one listens to, and cultural festivals shut down by striking 'artists'.||Il est de nouveau l'heure de notre |
|Here is some more rank anti-americanism stemming from defense of French culture (ie. keeping American content off the tube even if it is what viewers want. That's 'freedom' in France.). The title of the drawing, from today's Le Monde, is 'Organ trafficking'. The viewer is handing over his brains to the TV and asking 'What will I get in return?'. The TV, with a US flag for a tongue, responds 'Happiness, of course'. Nice, real nice.||Voici de l'anti-américanisme primaire qui découle de cette question d'exception culturelle (ie. barrant la route au contenu télévisuel américain même si les téléspectateurs en demandent. C'est ça 'la liberté' en France.). Le titre du dessin, paru dans Le Monde d'aujourd'hui, est 'Trafic d'organes'. C'est du joli, ça.|