Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 29, 2003
Did he really say that? Good lord, arrange a firing squad immediately! Il a osé dire ça? Mon dieu, il faut organiser un peloton d'exécution immédiatement!
Claude Imbert, Director of the French news weekly Le Point stated recently 'I am islamophobic, and I do not mind saying so. (...) I have the right, I feel, to think that (and I am not alone in this country) Islam (I specifically said Islam, I am not even talking about islamists) as a religion, brings with it a certain mental deficiency (...) that makes me islamophobic. (...) There is no reason, for the sake of tolerance, (...) that one should lower one's self and betray one's deepest beliefs.' Imbert is right. Houellebecq was right. Imbert is now targeted by the smalltime thugs (and snubnose sawed-off foot soldiers) of the MRAP. Claude Imbert, directeur du Point a déclaré 'Je suis un peu islamophobe, ça ne me gêne pas de le dire. (...) J'ai le droit, je pense (et je ne suis pas le seul dans ce pays), à penser que l'Islam, (je dis bien 'l'Islam', je ne parle même pas des islamistes) en tant que religion, apporte une certaine débilité (...) qui en effet me rend islamophobe. (...) Il n'y aucune raison, sous le prétexte de la tolérance, (...) de s'abaisser jusqu'à renier des convictions profondes.' Imbert a raison. Houellebecq avait raison. Imbert est desormais ciblé par les petites frappes (et petits couteaux) du MRAP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment